Sunday 12 September 2010

Faunacation

Some of the largest fashion houses showcased animal print in their designs this season and it's made its way as always to the high street, so I've chosen just a few of my favourites to show you how it's being interpreted.

Now animal print says sex we all know that, but done badly it's tacky and you can end up resembling a cross between Bet Lynch and Bo' Selecta's Mel B. However done right it can be sexy and seductive. Accessorise well and avoid brassy make up or risk looking like road kill. Also, remember not to wear it head to toe! If you're wearing it on your clothes it shouldn't be on your accessories, instead pick out colours and match accordingly.


6 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree!! Leopard can look so cheap and tacky so its crucial you accessorise correct...but apart from the obvious gold/wood jewellery, what else would work with animal prints? How is it best to accessorise if you are wearing a statement piece???
    Thanks Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Kirsty, are you wearing the traditional colour pallet animal print? If so I would suggest black and silver jewellery, but because animal print is so bold I'd keep the jewellery simple and understated!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes its the traditional colour, usually I would wear it with my cream open toe cuff shoes and simple gold jewellery but now you have suggested that - I would go with a black shoe and black jewellery! Thanks for the advice! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite welcome, thank you for visiting and commenting my blog! :)

    I'd suggest a pair of black bandage shoes, there's some really nice ones available on the high street; Julien MacDonald has some great black jewellery in his Star collection too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice, I hate seeing people head to toe in animal print, less is more with this style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly Dempsey. It's supposed to make a statement, but the statement isn't "I got dressed in the dark"! :)

    ReplyDelete